Friday 23 February 2018

A pot of golden daffodils

The daffodils are starting to pop up everywhere and  I spotted these over in the park last weekend.
 There are whole drifts of buds..the first few are showing their gorgeous faces.
In my own front garden I have some Tete a tete in bloom but I don't like to cut my own flowers so I bought a pot from Mark's and Spencer's for just £1.50 and sat it on my kitchen windowsill.  Over the last 2 weeks first, up came the stalks,
then the buds
and then a couple of days ago all these gorgeous blooms appeared.
All in time for my sweet son's birthday tomorrow. 

I can't share his card for now so I will share something else I made using greens and yellow which I made for Dotty's teahouse. Friendship cards sell very well there and this is my most recent make. It's also a lovely one to dedicate to you, my lovely blogging friends.
The sentiment is an old Lili of the Valley one which I won years ago and is one I love.
I stamped and embossed it onto a distress ink background which I added some Tim Holz rose stenciling to. A few die cuts, a brad in the centre of the flower and a few sequins finished everything off.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Happy little stampers watercolour challenge 3/3 anything goes
Fashionable Stamping 2/3 one for the girls
Simon says stamp Wednesday make your own background

Have a lovely weekend. We are looking forward to all getting together to celebrate my son's birthday. It's always lovely to have everyone under the same roof for a few precious hours. There will be lots of fun and laughter and no doubt a game or 2. Enjoy your weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.

I will be back bright and breezy on Monday with my Visible Image DT post.

Bye for now,

Jane x



9 comments:

  1. Its lovely to see the daffodils appearing...like you I don't like to cut my own so I buy some too!
    Such a lovely card as well. :)
    Happy birthday to M...wishing you all a fab weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your son! I'm enjoying your daffodils.. ours have been crushed to the ground by snow. So sad! I love the sentiment on that card, it turned out beautiful. Enjoy your weekend and have a fun celebration! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son who will love his card plus everything else you plan for him tomorrow. I love seeing the daffodils..so spring like since here is it dull, grey and rainy. Your card is such a burst of colour and I love the colour combo with the bird cage and everything else about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning, Jane, I love the sentiment. TFS the photos of the daffodils, a sign that spring is hopefully on its way. Hope you have a great time celebrating your son's birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss flowers. My spring is far behind yours. Loveliness in flowers, swans, and cards. I like the metal embossing. Thanks for your comment on my blog too. I think it's important for some people to see an outside view of the craziness over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Jane! The beautiful colours, the sweet birdie, the fabulous florals, such a burst of spring! I can't believe how green it is already and you have flowers!! Yikes, this is a foreign concept to me in February, we won't get a world like this until at least May! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Jane. I love your background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww lovely, the first signs of Spring ! Love your very pretty card and the background you created.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, what a wonderful card with the great background.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x