Friday 29 December 2017

Last December days

Hello, I have emerged from the other side of Christmas, such a wonderful family time. We ate, drank and made merry with lots of laughter and games around the table. We have not played Cludo for years and forgot just how much fun it is.  The last of our family went home yesterday and I now have some time to sort out my crafting plans for the new year.

Before I say goodbye to 2017 I wanted to look back at some of my seasonal photos from my garden or local surroundings from the year and look at how Mother Nature influenced my crafting palette.
I chose 4 photos from each season.....
Spring 
 Summer
 Autumn
Winter
I have made over 300 cards, 12 calendar pages, 20 Moments, some mixed media 3d pieces and dozens of tags in 2017 so I would find it impossible to share my favourites, as there are far too many to go through.
As you well know I love playing with styles and techniques so I thought I would just share a collage of some of the pieces I made this year.

My last card challenge entry for this year is a card I made for a new baby who arrived on 20 December..just in time for winter and she is most appropriately called Winter! I used stamps and stencils by STAMPlorations and even managed to mask off and use her  name from one of their fab stamps.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Pixies's snippets playground #313/14 I used lots of little snippets for this card.
Double D 3/3 baby it's cold outside/ Winter
That's Crafty 2/3 anything goes
Die cut divas 2/3 winter time
Emerald Creek Dares anything goes
Fashionable stamping 1/3 celebrate

We will be seeing the new year in with Daisy and Co and I just wanted to close with this photo of me and my darling grandbabies taken just before they went home yesterday..precious memories were made.
I will be back bright and breezy on New Year's day with my DT card for our 1st challenge of the year for Country View....you might need sunglasses for it if you have enjoyed a heavy Old Year's night 😂. Thanks so much for stopping by and for all you visits and comments you left here during 2017. I hope you are enjoying some down time post Christmas and looking forward to what lies ahead in the new year.

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! A beautiful garden and nearby landscapes, and you're a very busy and creative stamper! Gorgeous work. Super cute card for a winter baby. Thanks so much for joining us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless you Jane - this post is all about Christmas! And such an unusual name - Summer is popular so why not Winter indeed?!Love your snippets make but equally I do so love a peek into your wonderful family life. Precious memories.

    Love and hugs

    Di xx

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crafty collage Jane ....what a bright and busy old year you've had!
    The seasonal ones are beautiful...spring is definitely my favourite and definitely on the way!! :)
    Lovely pic of you and the little ones, glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. My boy went back this morning.....never gets any easier. :(
    Wishing you and yours a very happy 2018!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jane,

    So very wonderful look at your 2017! So full of color, happy moments and then those two sweethearts! You all look so very happy, loved to hear you had fantastic time around Christmas! Wishing you all happy&bright&joyful New Year soon!

    With much love,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would like to extend the best wishes from our family to yours! May the New Year bring only good things to all of you!
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your collage of many of your great works and you put me to shame with what you have accomplished. Love your pictures and your children are very sweet. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. A magical post Jane, sharing your creativity and love for your family and all things within nature. Thank you for your support over at That's Crafty, sharing your makes with us all. Wishing you all things wonderful in 2018.
    Creative & warm Wishes Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post ... well done! Gorgeous photo display! Your winter card is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside (winter)’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    P.S. What a sweet photo of you & your grand babies! They grow so fast ... you will treasure this image for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your memories and creations of 2017.
    Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2018. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute name for a baby. I hope Winter lives a long and happy life (while hoping winter with a small w is as brief as possible). Pat yourself on the back for all of your creative output this year. Good job! And such a happy picture of you and the little ones. Wishing you many more merry holidays and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, your card is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    The collage with your Journal 2017 is just WOW! Very great.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x