Sunday 1 October 2017

Things are starting to get spooky

Good morning and happy October...autumn is really getting settled in and things will start to go bump in the night as we find ourselves hurtling towards Halloween. The weather has been very kind over the last week or so and we are still enjoying some warm sunshine. The trees have taken on their autumnal hues
and are dropping their leaves. Conkers have fallen like rain and lie like glistening jewels in the grass.
and in my garden golden hues are everywhere.
As it is the first of the month it is of course time for my next design team project for Country View and our brand new challenge. For this month the lovely Rachel has chosen very appropriately " Mixed media with autumnal hues". Remember that you can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with any other challenges. Your make can be anything creative! You may even be the lucky random winner of the £20 CVC voucher.

 You will find all the details here

  For my first piece this month I thought I would use a fab die as the focal on my mixed media card.....a hint of spooky things to come later in the month. I took some autumnal Paperartsy fresco paint colours

and brayered them onto some watercolour card.
I die cut lots of autumnal foliage as I will need some for all my October creating. I altered them with inks and stamping and gave some a crispy crackle with Crackle paste.
I added some  stencilling with my Tim harlequin stencil and distress oxides.
 The script stamping is my Visible Image Scripted streets stamp.

I added some gold Wendy Vecchi embossing paste through my Tim Holtz leaf stencil.

Then I added some die cut spider's webs. 
Then it was time to put my witches  creative hat on to put my card together. The fun die cut is by Cheery Lynn.
a couple of close ups


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.


Crafty cardmakers 2/3  autumn
Cute card Thursday 1/3 trick or treat
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Creative Inspirations 2/3 anything goes
Crafty cardmakers autumn
Sweet stampin 2/3 autumn
Deep Ocean goodbye summer
That's crafty 2/3 forever autumn
Mixed media world 2/3 anything goes


 We really hope to see lots of you entering our mixed media autumnal hues challenge this month and remember you can find all the details and lots more inspiration from my CVC teamies  here .

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

20 comments:

  1. The leaves are fabulous! The background is gorgeous too and the dress... I'd love a dress like that, very fashionables sleeves and dipped hem too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your card Jane - the leaves are stunningly beautiful and I adore that cheeky diecut! Oh and how pretty your garden is looking - its just fabulous! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation Jane. Love the leaves.
    Thank you for entering your lovely card into my 'Autumn' challenge at CCM.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Jane! The leaves are fabulous - and how cute are those die cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Jane, and I love your fun die cut! Have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha!!! I love these Cheery Lynn die cuts!!! You made a beautiful background for your leaves and these special clothes!!! The crackle glaze look fabulous on your leaves!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your project ! Those leaves are fantastic !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant card, such a clever idea...I love the poor laundered cat! :)
    Your leaves are fab!
    Happy October my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant card, Jane! My sister was born on Halloween and if I lived near Dottie's I'd be marching right over there to buy that card to give to her!! I might have to paint an card for her but Sumi Ink designs don't have witches in them! LOL! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful fun card! I love the way you used the crackle glaze on the leaves, the autumnal colours are amazing and the silhouettes made me smile especially the black cat, purr-fect (grin!). Happy October! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the glaze on the leaves and pumpkins which sets that autumn tone. I smiled at the image of the clothes line finished with the cat:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful fall card, your background and leaves are amazing! The clothesline image is a wonderful fun touch! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Autumn' challenge.
    Glenda DT

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, fabulous card, Jane! I love these leaves and the clothline with the withch dress, so fun!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another wow from me Jane. The die cuts are outstanding, can hear the crunch. Love your piece. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Jane, love all that extra detail added to those super leaves. Thank you again for sharing another Autumnal creation with us & Good Luck in the Forever Autumn Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such fun, luv the gorgeous leaves! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a absolutely fantastic card !! So gorgeous and luxurious !

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous card. So sorry I'm late in visiting you. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your leaves look absolutely amazing - love that pile of them in the process photos - perfect for shushling through! So cool to see them fluttering around the witch's laundry line. Fab photos too - especially those gleaming conkers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x