Monday 2 October 2017

A Christmas card for those who find Christmas tough

Monday has spun round again and it's time for my Visible Image DT inspiration. Today I am focusing on the gorgeous new Christmas stamp release and designing with 2 sets;

The very poignant Christmas memories stamp

which I thought went perfectly with the left hand (arms crossed) angel image from the angels set and the angel word.


As you all know I am Mrs Christmas and adore everything about it. However I do understand that for some people this can be a very difficult time of the year. Particularly when they have recently lost someone they love. That first Christmas afterwards, I know from my own experience, is very tough. I sell my cards at Dotty's Tearooms in our local high street and I thought this card would be a helpful extra to sell there this year.

My design also uses the strobes stencil (these are all back in stock on the Visible Image main website). I think it makes a great sun/star burst and used it in the background of my card.
So this is what I made.

I kept my colour very upbeat and simple.
I gold embossed the angel word and added some gold to the border.
I blended distress inks through the stencil. I wanted the angel to be more of a shadow and I achieved this by using a gold metallic ink. The sentiment is stamped and embossed.

Here she is in close up, irl she has a shimmery gold effect.

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday 3/5 anything goes
Deep Ocean goodbye summer
Ribbon Girl 1/3 October any card
Winter Wonderland 1/3 anything goes
Christmas at sweet stampin 1/3 anything goes
Christmas card challenges #22

Thanks so much for visiting me here today. It is only 84 days until the big day and I am getting myself into Christmas card making mode now that the evenings are getting darker. 

Time to light those candles......

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. Very lovely card and yes it's not all glitter and tinsel for everyone and its very thoughtful of you to think about those people.
    Personally its not that I find it tough, I just think its way too much fuss for one day, I hate having it shoved in my face from August, Christmas actually takes up half a year! I prefer the much simpler times of year.
    It's all about Halloween here at the moment, so all things orange!
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and full of hope. Even though this is a Christmas card, considering what has happened in Las Vegas, it seems it is a great card for something that is so horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stunning card! Love the colours and your design is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    https://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, that's a really pretty card and would be such a nice thing to send to someone who has lost a loved one. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely traditional card. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Jane,

    This is a gorgeous card!
    The dimension and the light you have created here give the card the perfect "mystical" atmosphere!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design! It is lovely to see you sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stamping and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is truly fantastic !! Amazing job !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge and good luck!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Jane. The sentiment is perfect.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lou DT xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x