Wednesday 27 September 2017

Conker treasure 2017

My darling Daisy went home today after staying with us since Monday. We had the very best of times, she is growing up so quickly. One of the reasons she came to stay was that it was time for our annual Conker Treasure Hunt...and wow we were not disappointed. Conkers (for my international friends) are the fruit of the Horse Chestnut tree and unlike their relative the Sweet Chestnut, conkers are non edible but just such fun to find.

This year the treasure was amazing...so many rich large conkers. We also manged to pick a beautiful mild autumn morning for our hunt.



The joy of finding "treasure" i.e still in their shells, will never leave me. I think I will remain the eternal child who gets such a trill to see them. We found so many this year and Daisy filled her little basket twice over. When we got home we emptied her haul into a pot where she admired them and counted them out.
I thought these photo are perfect for putting in Jane's Journal as a memory of our day.




She also found the world's smallest conker!
Such joy...
...priceless times.

My Hb took the photo below of Daisy and I on his phone. I think it shows how we were in our own little world.
 

For today's post I thought I would share a Lavinia fairy card...it seems so appropriate for such a magical day.

It's a card I made for Dotty's Tearooms and is just the right colours to remember our conker treasure by.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Rubber Dance favourite stamp This is one of my favourite Lavinia fairy stamps.
That's Crafty fly away
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Creative Inspirations 1/3 anything goes
Crafty cardmakers autumn

The house seems very quiet this evening now that my darling Daisy has gone home. Before she went she told me it was the best conker treasure hunt ever..bless. We did lots of crafting and I will share her makes very soon. She really is becoming such a great little crafter...her makes for a 3 year old were so imaginative.

Thanks so much for visiting me today and for the very kind comments you take the time to leave me.

Back soon, 

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos one again Jane,,,I would love to live in your neck of the woods as the sun always seems to shine. Daisy did well with her conker haul!.... and more wonderful memories for you.Your fairy card depicts the day so well and I look forward to seeing your memory page of the day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling child! I so enjoyed all the photos of the both of you having fun with your annual conker field trip. What a beautiful card, too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe what a beautiful pic of you two under the tree. :) It's how shiny they are that fascinates me, its as if someone polished them before putting them in their shells! I agree it is exciting finding one in its shell.
    Pretty card too, the colours are very apt!
    Enjoy the rest of your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you both had a wonderful time hunting for Autumn's treasures, Jane! I love the shine of a freshly opened conker and the brown colour is so rich - shame you can't eat them?!
    Your pretty fairy card reflects the season beautifully with it's warm, brown tones and such a lovely sentiment too. Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful card Jane! Loving the colors you chose and gorgeous fairy. Fun photos too! Thank you so much for joining us in our things with wings challenge at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What treasured times, they escape us all so quickly do they not? Thank you for sharing another beautiful card with us over at That's Crafty, those Fairy Wings really do sparkle and shine. Best wishes in the Fly Away Challenge.
    Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!!! This is magical. Love it! Thank you for playing along in the Rubber Dance Theme Challenge this month! xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a truly magical day with some wonderful photographic memories. And the card is lovely too lol.
    Thank you for entering it into my 'Autumn' challenge at CCM.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and all those gorgeous photographs too. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers Autumn challenge and good luck. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love those silhouettes and fab photos.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely magical themed card. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight and hope to see you again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x