Monday 14 August 2017

Arise Pegasus

Good morning another week is here and it is time for my dose of  inspiration for Visible Image.
For today's project I used my Do you believe in Unicorns set
I started to  make a Distress Oxide background for the unicorn. However as made the background I made me think of the age of the universe. I stamped the moon using Faded Jeans  Distress Oxide ink. As I looked at the moon in the sky for some reason Pegasus, the ancient mythical winged horse, came to mind.
Now the unicorn in this set has a horn and no wings but Visible Image also made this wonderful set
...........which does has a fab set of wings.
So to bring Pegasus alive I masked off the unicorn's horn before I stamped and white embossed it onto my inky background.
I stamped and gold embossed the wings onto black card and fussy cut them out.
I also used the birds from the learn to fly again.
I played with the position of the wings until I was happy with them and then put on my creative hat to put my card together......my unicorn underwent a metamorphosis.....

arise Pegasus 😁

You will see that I also stamped the cloud stamps over the moon and used the sentiment from the Angels are near set. I added some gold glitter to his hooves to speed him on his journey....

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Penny Black and More 1/3 all creatures great and small 
Not just cards 1/3  anything goes
Fashionable stamping 1/3 use your inks anyway you like
Cute card Thursday 2 /3 embossing Pegasus and the birds, clouds and wings are all heat embossed
The Artistic stamper 3/3 anything goes
Emerald Creek Dares 1/3 anything goes
Stamping sensations 2/3 anything goes 
Craft Stamper take it make it  2/3 August anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website. Our monthly themed challenge is on summer break and will return in September. 

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:


Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me. Enjoy a creative week ahead. The sun returned this weekend...bliss. We spent Saturday by the seaside with the children and on Sunday I was able to sit and plan some upcoming design work in my garden.


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. How clever turning the unicorn into Pegasus...I love his golden wings!
    Your garden is looking lovely Jane! It was quite a nice weekend here too, a bit grim this morning though, although the sun is trying its best!!
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jane, so atmospheric. Love the stamps you've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever transformation of your unicorn Jane and a fabulous card! Yesterday was glorious here after a very cloudy and windy Saturday...today?...you guessed it...rain!...how can this country have such opposing weather? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect creation for our All Creatures theme at Penny Black and More this month and also Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining us at both.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and I can see why it sold so fast at Dotties! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolute stunner Jane and I just love everything about this card, from the glorious cosmic background to those angelic golden wings. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your card Jane, so magical.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work of art Jane. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab work as always. Love your garden photo too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jane,

    Beautiful! World needs more golden wings! And your garden is so lovely&blooming, enjoy your creative week too!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply stunning Jane!
    Many thanks for joining us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty dear!
    and your garden is magnificent!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you created this. Pegasus reeled me in but then I was captivated at the process of the background. Thank you for entering the Dares

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x